Looking for the most beautiful, sparkling blue pool?
HASA Sani-Clor® sodium hypochlorite is the optimal way to sanitize and shock! Liquid chlorine has been a go-to choice for disinfecting swimming pools and hot tubs for more than half a century.
- Why choose HASA Sani-Clor® over trichlor tablets:
- Highest available chlorine
- Fast acting
- Safe to use and transport
- No cyanuric acid (CYA)/no calcium
- Best cost per use
Trichlor Tablets vs. Liquid Sodium Hypochlorite
A service pro with 50 stops a week using 2 trichlor tablets per pool a day would only need 1.8 cases of HASA Sani-Clor® in their truck per day. Nine cases a week.
Do the Math!
HASA Sani-Clor® vs. Trichlor Tablets
Liquid sanitizer, with no added CYA, does a better job cleaning and disinfecting the pool.
- 1lb. of 90% available chlorine trichlor in 10,000 gallons = 6 ppm of cyanuric acid (CYA)
- Two 90% trichlor tablets equal 1 pound, so two tablets contribute 6 ppm of CYA in 10,000 gallons
- Trichlor tablets have a pH of 2.9 to 3. This low pH will decrease both the pH and total alkalinity
- The amount of sodium carbonate (soda ash) needed to keep pH and total alkalinity balanced for every pound of trichlor is 4.5 oz.
- Two trichlor tablets used weekly will increase CYA by 24 ppm a month. 48 ppm in 2 months, 96 ppm in 4 months
- CYA of 30 ppm requires 2.25 ppm maintenance residual of free chlorine FC to effectively kill algae and bacteria. 50 ppm CYA requires 3.75 FC, 60 ppm CYA requires 4.5 ppm FC, 100 ppm CYA requires 7.5 ppm FC
- 50 lbs. of 90% trichlor tablets equals 300 ppm CYA. 300 ppm CYA requires 22.5 ppm FC in order to effectively kill algae and bacteria.
- The EPA maximum allowable for safe swimming is 4 ppm.
- Drain and dilution is the most effective way to reduce CYA. In order to reduce 300 ppm down to 30 ppm in a 10,000-gallon pool, 90% of the average depth of the pool would need to be drained.
- Always check with your local water district before draining pool and to ensure that ground water levels are not too high.
- With a CYA of 30 ppm and pH of 7.5 with 3 ppm FC, 97% of chlorine is bound to have CYA. Only 3% chlorine is available in pool water. .
- 0.05 ppm of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is needed to kill algae and bacteria. With pH of 7.5 half of the 3% available is HOCl and half is -OCl. 1.5% .
- 2 ppm FC x 1.5% = 0.03 ppm HOCl (Not enough to kill algae)
- 3 ppm FC x 1.5% = 0.045 (Still not enough to kill algae)
- 4 ppm FC x 1.5% = 0.06 (Algae is killed)
Role of HOCI
The value of HASA liquid sodium hypochlorite
over trichlor tablets is clear!
The HASA Liquid Feeder™Sanitizes Daily Hands Free
What Pool Pros are Saying:
“The easy to install liquid feeder system from HASA Pool is inexpensive and compact. It’s a great way to feed chlorine into your pool minus the side effects of 3″ tabs. It reduces the drop in pH that that comes along with tab feeders, making chemical balancing easier for even the most novice customer.”
Great White Pool Service in Boise, ID
HASA Liquid Feeder™ Step-by-Step
Simple to use. Easy to install.
Learn about the HASA Advantage
We have an array of Quick Reference One-Sheets available for your reference. Get to know HASA’s sodium hypochlorite (liquid chlorine) offerings!
Information about HASA
Tips, Tools & More
HASA offers a resource-rich information hub online providing a variety of educational and trend pieces, videos and product Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information. Please visit our “Resources” page for easy-to-navigate tips and insights!
Visit us at www.HASA.com to learn more about the HASA Advantage and why we’ve been the trusted source for premium liquid sodium hypochlorite for swimming pools and hot tubs since 1964.
Download our Safety and Proper Materials Handling Tips
Now available in four different languages including English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean.
Join HASA Pro Rewards™
HASA Pro Rewards™ loyalty members receive special offers, perks, the latest news and more! Also, check out the new HASA Pro Rewards™ mobile app to easily scan HASA invoices—and accrue points for prizes & credit toward purchases.
Did you know?
As the de facto standard for liquid sanitization, HASA products including Hasachlor®, Multi-Chlor® and Sani-Clor® have set the bar for reliability and sustainability since our inception. Sodium hypochlorite is made from naturally derived products. After it cleans industrial and commercial water systems and recreational water sources (such as private and commercial swimming pools, spas and hot tubs), it returns to salt—and is safe for our oceans and communities.
Learn more about HASA Sustainability
Discover why HASA is the go-to source for premier water treatment and sanitization on the market today—and why more major industries are turning to liquid sodium hypochlorite as the most trusted, economical water decontaminant available.HASA is a sustainable brand committed to our environment
“Access to Safe, Clean, and Clear water is a basic human need. HASA was founded on the legacy of delivering high quality products to meet this need, and we will continue this legacy with new sustainable practices through the next century and beyond.”
Chris Brink, President & CEO, HASA, Inc.